Monday, October 5, 2009

Candelight Vigil at Chicano Park

The event that took place at Chicano Park on Friday, October 2, was a very nice experience for me. I loved the ceremony that was held to commemorate the lives of the people that have died trying to cross the border since the gatekeeper was set. I had never attended an event like that, so while it was a new experience for me I felt like it was full of good spirits. I felt the love of the people that were there towards those that have died for the past 15 years since the wall was raised. Although there were not too many people there I felt like the people that were there were honest people trying to fight for a good cause. The speakers were very passionate about the message that they were giving out to the people that attended and the young lady that sung "Si Calla el Cantor", was definetly singing from the heart.

I loved the event, I believe that in a few years the event will grow bigger and evntually the message will rech its goal.

Take down the wall!!!

No comments: