Friday, November 20, 2009

The 39th Annual HS Conference at SDSU

The M.E.Ch.A Conference at SDSU was very entertaining and educational too. I must admit that the speakers from the workshops sessions one and two that I attended where good to some extent until they were interrupted, and the other speaker was just way off topic. But the whole event was good and interesting. I loved the sketch performed by the Mechistas and the dances, especially the Mujeres en Resistencia dance. Really portrayed what their name means.
The food was great and the music was fantastic. The students really had a great time dancing and enjoying the sight of seeing others dancing. I really enjoyed the whole event and I am definetly looking fordward to next years conference. I really do hope that the Mechistas that participated in making the event possible feel proud of what they did. It was a nice Saturday and I, personally wouldn't have been able to spend my Saturday day better and surrounded by such caring people like are the Mechistas de SDSU.
There was only one thing that I didn't like at all. There were too many workshops that sounded very interesting but there was very little time. About 30 workshops and we were only able to attend two. I really wish there was a way to be able to see more but I do understand that there is not enough time. I was really happy with everything else though. And the Mechistas were great. This Years theme was: DEMAND EQUAL EDUCATION THROUGH ORGANIZATION! NO BUDGET CUTS! NO DEPORTATION! NO MILITARIZATION!






No comments: