Monday, September 12, 2016

the tiny house project

i know that through out my life I have initiated numerous projects but managed to finish only a few.  however, i am a true believer in myself, that one day, I will be able to finish the one project that will change my life.  this one might be it.

i have been giving it a lot of thought lately.  actually the idea has been in my mind for roughly a year, i want to live in a tiny house built and designed by me.  i know it sounds crazy and I know i downsized heavily from my two-story dream house which i still want, however I believe that i can still achieve that dream house but in a tiny space. i eventually want that big home but i am by no means close at all to getting there, and that is the problem.

i plan to move from California to a desert area like Arizona or Calexico.  perhaps I could buy land there for cheap and place my tiny home there.  or perhaps I can make several tiny houses in one same lot and build a tiny house community in my own land.   who knows, these are all crazy ideas i have gotten recently but what I do know for sure is that i want a tiny house for my family.

i dont know anything about construction so I plan on finishing a course ( once I begin one) on construction and plumbing, this will give me some basic knowledge on what to do and expect, and  I will take it from there.

my dad has some carpentry knowledge and has experience in maintenance so that is a plus; however, since i want this project to be done 90% by me, i wouldn't want to carry any heavy loads of work on him,  i would like him to supervise my project and help me with details I just cant get right. maybe things like helping me pick and choose the best material and tools, things like that.

anyways there is a lot of things to consider before actually starting the DIY tiny house.  today i am doing some research on things I should spend full price for, and checking out designs to get an idea on how i want my tiny house, what kind of luxuries i want, and what would work best to live comfortably in my new home. soon, i want to begin sketching the floor plans with all my ideas in mind, and i am hoping that this time i can actually mange to blog my entire experience so that all my hard work stays documented and all my struggles can help me appreciate the final project.

i would love to see other people get inspired by my project to start their own and the only way to make it happen is by actually blogging the whole process.


No comments: